RV Tow Check 3.0A "Before You Buy RV" Calculator
(Enter pounds or kilograms. Don't mix!)
Enter numbers without comas. i.e. 23500
Compliant per SAE J2807
The RV Tow Check App is now available for iOS devices. Coming soon to Android.
Viewing Different Results
- The maximum percentage is the initial default.
- You may select different pin weight (PW) or tongue weight (TW) percentages to view possible realistic vehicle towing capacity changes based on available payload.
- In some cases, the realistic vehicle towing capacity may not change on part of, or all of, the percentage scale while selecting different PW/TW percentages. This is because the towing capacity is limited by the GCWR or the TWR. Additional info about GCWR and TWR is available on the glossary page.
- Selecting a higher percentage for a safety margin does not assume the actual TW/PW your trailer will have.
- If you do know the loaded PW/TW percentage of your trailer, you could select the percentage closest to, but not less than, your trailer's PW/TW percentage. For a safer margin, consider increasing the percentage by at least one point.
- To obtain unknown PW/TW percentages of the trailer you own, visit Fifth Wheel Street. and follow the industry leading four-step weight safety plan.
- If all entries were pounds, the results will be in pounds. Likewise, if all entires were kilograms, the results will be in kilograms.
Do you want to get the quick rundown on the 2017 trucks? Visit the following three pages.
Half-ton Truck Realistic Towing Capacity
Three-quarter Ton Truck Realistic Towing Capacity
One Ton Truck Realistic Towing Capacity
Fifth Wheel Street. (FWS) is the one-stop, self-help RV safety website providing tow capacity information, tow ratings, towing guides, and important RV assistance to match up tow vehicles and trailers correctly, the first time. Our weight safety calculators with the industry-leading 13-point Weight Safety Report for 5th wheel or gooseneck trailers and conventional trailers will expose the truth about your current load conditions. We provide free web based RV calculator apps as well as mobile device apps. FWS assists all RV travelers, including truck camper owners, all who tow fifth wheel or gooseneck trailers, and conventional trailers such as bumper pull travel trailers, boat trailers, and utility trailers, as well as motorcoaches towing a car or trailer.
Fifth Wheel Street. is dedicated to promoting recreational vehicle safety by providing educational materials, simplified weighing worksheets, free web-based RV safety calculator apps with weight safety reports to assist truck camper owners and all who tow fifth wheel, gooseneck and conventional towables.
Our Vision for RV Tow Check
To aid in the reduction of tow vehicles exceeding weight safety ratings to the level of 30% by 2025.
Be sure to tell all your RVing friends about RV Tow Check today.